Over the last week, we have been busy promoting an exciting update in our organization: The Methodist Home name change to Wesley Place. Throughout the process of this transformation, we have been directing our focus toward the future. As we continue to look ahead, we also recognize all that is a part of our past. We have a rich history – one that spans over a century – and it is important to honor our legacy. Below is a timeline of CMSS; we are proud of our history and value our presence then, now, and continuing into the future.
1886 – Home of Mercy (precursor to Covenant Home of Chicago) is established
1896 – Mrs. E.E. Hartwell establishes a home for the elderly
1898 – The Methodist Home is established
1901 – The Methodist Home’s Bush Hall opens on Foster Avenue
1923 – Swift Hall is added to The Methodist Home
1928 – Home of Mercy is rebuilt as Covenant Home of Chicago
1951 – Miller Hall is added to The Methodist Home
1974 – A new Bush Hall at 1415 West Foster is dedicated, featuring a medical center and skilled nursing wing
1990 – Winwood Apartments open, offering affordable housing options for older adults
1994 – Glenwood Apartments open, offering even more affordable housing options for older adults
1997 – Covenant Home of Chicago is rebuilt at 2720 West Foster Avenue
1997 – Collaboration with White Crane Wellness Center begins
2000 – The Hartwell opens at 5520 N. Paulina Street
2004 – Methodist Senior Home Maintenance is established
2005 – United Methodist Healthcare Recruitment is established
2006 – CMSS begins managing Covenant Home of Chicago, a Covenant Retirement Community
2009 – White Crane Adult Day Wellness Program relocates to Covenant Home of Chicago
2012 – The Methodist Home changes its name to Wesley Place!
We thank each of you for your support over the years and look forward to many more to come!
Kalyn Chomko, Community Relations Coordinator
Chicago Senior Living
Assisted Living in Chicago