Skilled Nursing for Dementia at Wesley Place
Wesley Place provides skilled nursing care for people with dementia who require higher levels of supervision 24 hours a day. Our program is a state-designated special care unit, which means a high staff-to-resident ratio, dementia-specific training for all staff and unique, activity-based program options that are created especially for memory support. We focus not only on the residents’ physical and cognitive needs, but on their spiritual, social, emotional and behavioral needs, as well. This program is home to just 30 residents, which allows for customized health care and fosters the development of meaningful relationships.
Specialized memory support provides:
- Assistance with all daily living needs, according to the personalized care plan
- A dedicated staff comprised of certified nursing assistants, registered nurses, activity therapists, social workers, a chaplain, dieticians and physicians – all focused on the unique needs of those with memory loss
- Structured activity programming created to promote each resident's interests and abilities, as discovered through our Life Story Assessment tool.
- Meal options that are served family style, with special consideration given to the dining needs of those with dementia
- Secured setting, designed to imitate a home-like environment, providing peace and familiarity
Short-term rehabilitation and respite stays are available.
Family participation and support are integral to our care.
You can depend on us to be your resource for support, educational programs and information. Click here for details on our monthly community support groups.
Wesley Place1415 W. Foster Ave.Chicago, IL 60640(773) 769-5500
How can we help you?
I am interested in the following: